Monday, October 20, 2008

Quirkiness

I've been tagged by my awesome sister-in-law, Kasey. She lives in Arkansas but travels here on business a lot. We are lucky to see her every six months or so.


Here are the rules: "MY UNSPECTACULAR QUIRKS"

1.Link to the person who tagged you

2.Mention the rules on your blog

3.Tell 6 unspectacular quirks about you

4.Tag 6 following bloggers by linking to them

5.Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged.

My 6 Very Unspectacular Quirks



1. I have to sleep on the side of the bed that is farthest from the door. I can't sleep if I'm closest to the door because I know that if a bad guy comes in, he'll get me first!

2. I am not a snob unless it comes to hotels. I hate staying in hotels. There will never be enough stars to make feel clean in a hotel. I can feel germs crawling on me and my kids. I am convinced there are bed bugs, diseases, and other gross things lurking on every surface in a hotel room and especially the beds. Last time I had Jesse spray Clorox Clean Up in the shower before I took a shower. I think I've seen one too many Dateline Hotel Exposes (however you spell it)!!

3. I would rather give birth everyday for a week than be pregnant. My pregnancies are hard on me and especially hard on my family. My labor and delivery is a piece of cake. Not fun, but easy enough. At least when I'm in labor I know it will all be over in a few hours. Pregnancy lasts 9 months that are way too long for my body! Then again, I am gratefull I can even get pregant and have healthy babies.


4. I tap the top of a can of soda a few times before I open it. Everytime.


5. Unknowingly, I don't finish a drink if it's in a cup. I will leave a little at the bottom. I'm a sipper so I guess I feel like it's yucky by the time I get to the bottom stuff.


6. I am a peculiar magazine reader. I have a system that drives Jesse crazy but it works for me. The first thing I do is to quickly flip through the magazine stopping to check out pictures or short articles, whatever grabs my attention. Then I go back through and read the longer articles that are interesting. After a few days, or when I'm really desperate for something to read, I'll go back and read every article and look at every picture that I haven't already checked out. I'll even read the name of the editor, photographers, etc. Drives the hubby nuts!





I'm tagging you!!!





Alisha G.


Lisa B.


Brittney M.


Jinny V.


Leslie A.


Jessie R.

2 comments:

Jinnyruth said...

I love how you read magazines. That sounds like what I do with the Ensign. Of course, I am usually reading in the bathroom since that seems to be the only quite minute...

Kasey said...

I read magazines exactly the same way you do! I'm too curious for the good, quick stuff, to wait until I have time to read it in order.