Friday, November 28, 2008

Serves me Right!

Shame on me...I admit that I am a lazy blogger.

I mean really, who wants to hear a lunatic mother talk about how her two 1/2 year old wants to peepee on the potty but she's not mentally up to letting go of the diapers or how her 5 year old is a saint at school and morphs into a sassy 16 year old girl on the ride home from school. You get my drift.

So as I was watching Dallin run around the house this morning with Jesse's toothbrush in his mouth this thought came to my mind. "So, do you tell your husband you were too tired to chase after the two year old to get his toothbrush out of his mouth or do you just gently put it back on the bathroom counter when it finally hits the floor?" Well you can probably guess what the answer is in our house. Mom just puts it back when it hits the floor. That is until Mom realizes that it's not her husband's toothbrush, it's HERS!!!! Yuck! Who the heck wants two year old boy germs on their toothbrush. I am disgusted with myself. Then again, it serves me right!

10 comments:

Jinnyruth said...

I'll tell you who wants to hear about it, I do. It makes me feel less insane... at least it's not just me!

The Eccles said...

I heard you were sick...hope you back and better! Happy Holidays!!!

Natalie said...

LOL I want to hear ALL OF IT! I think it's the best comedy. Maybe that's just me, but I suspect most Moms think the same. Sydney loves her toothbrushes too, and everyone elses.

Sara said...

You're SO normal! Life is crazy. My mantra, "This, too, shall pass!" PS: you can sterilize the germed up toothbrush in a hot diswasher cycle and it's all good. Glad to see you're posting again!

S

Big Mama said...

Oh Katie, we really need to be neighbors! So we can just be tired together and let our kids play together. All I know is I totally understand where you're coming from. Somedays I think i'm the only one feeling this way... I'm glad to hear I'm not alone. BTW... I stopped by the other day but no one was home. I'll have to give you a call.

Lisa said...

Ha ha that is so dang funny. I would probably have had the same thought process. Guess we should be a little more loving right - that or get some hired help!

Kasey said...

BTW, I got a message from the friend you asked me about the other day. She's 26 weeks and still dutifully on bed rest. Unfortunately, the bed is on a different level than the computer, which is NOT a laptop. She texted me...I guess she's allowed to lift a cell phone. :)

Higginson's said...

Katie, where are you!! Girl you are behind on your blog (look whos talking, right). Call me!

Lindsey said...

katie-

Here is the site I found the Nativity deal on http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com/
I'm sure it wont be that hard to find someone to get the deal, otherwise they have a pretty good deal for just buying one.

Good luck and enjoy :D

Stephanie said...

HI!!! Glad you found my blog and I'm excited to follow yours!!! : ) Yes, my boys go to a private school!! I love it!! It is a school that teaches LDS principles.